Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Euro Man


European men like to nap.  It doesn't matter how young or old they are, you can be assured that after work or on a Saturday or Sunday that they will be squeezing in some sort of shut eye.  I don't know how many times I have been asked to do something but then advised that they first must take a nap.  

It is a concept that I am still getting used to as I do not think in all my time in Canada I ever had anyone tell me this.  Of course people nap, but it is not something that we would ever admit to, and generally speaking it is only done if absolutely necessary.  Frequent napping, or at least an admission of frequent napping, would most certainly be frowned upon back by home.  Napping is only acceptable when one is deathly ill with a flu or 108 years old.

So yeah, for all you visiting North Americans left wondering why the streets are so empty at around 15:00 on a Sunday – now you know ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment