Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Countdown to Home


In recent years Christmas took on a new meaning for me.  At one time I used to think I needed to see snow, have the house decorated perfectly, Christmas cookies baking – and then and only then would I feel the spirit of Christmas.

Living abroad has changed all that for me.  Christmas means I get to see my son.  My parents.  My adorable little nephews.  My brother.  Family is flying in from the opposite end of the world.  We all retreat to the ski hill.  Days spent skiing, evenings doing some sort of family thing.  I can’t wait.  I get to reconnect with friends long neglected and laugh with those that know me best.




Here we have Michael Bublé  with his rendition of "All I want for Christmas is you" - and yes, he is a Canuck ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment