Saturday, December 15, 2012

Jet Lagged Induced Reflections


Normally when I head home I keep a low profile, preferring to take the time to get grounded and deal with stressful issues in my life whilst away from it all.

Not any more. I have learned recently that life moves at a certain speed whether you are ready for it or not.  People come and go.  Opportunities are fleeting. Things left unsaid can often end up remaining so.

It was just hours after arriving in Kelowna last night I heard the door fly open.  I was lucky enough to have already had a visit with my son and parents – but it had been over a year since I had seen my other son.  Now first off, let me explain, he isn’t mine.  But he is.  The two boys have been referring to each other as brothers since they were three years old.  I took them everywhere with me. Holidays, skiing, camping, - everything.  And because I was a single mom I also did what they were doing.  I loved every moment.  So now I have two boys that call me mom.  The three of us have some plans to hang out together while we are all on holidays which I think makes me one heck of a lucky mom. 

My friends still call.  After years of being away and being neglected, they still seek me out for lunches, dinners and parties.  How cool is that? 

And then there are my little nephews.  I have to make sure that their auntie Dawn’s cool factor remains high…

So yeah…about all those issues I have to deal with?  Not this year. I am done with the whole reclusive scene. Nothing in the world is big enough to distract me making the most of every moment this holiday sends my way…


Now most Canadians do not even know that this tune is from a BC girl.  Warning though, it will play over and over in your mind for hours!

And now I shall take my fragmented and disjointed thoughts and try and sleep!  

No comments:

Post a Comment