Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Song for a Time

I love music.  All of it.  Okay, not country music - it is a little too serious for my sensitive side.  But what makes me love a song most of all are the lyrics.  Sometimes a phrase within a song, or the entire song itself speaks to a moment in time.  It can capture the feeling of loss, it can motivate, soothe and get you out on the dance floor.

A friend of mine reminded me about a song this morning.  He suggested that I loved the Budweiser commercial because it contained "my song".  A long time ago, when I was just considering my big move, the song Landslide came on the radio.  It is an old song, and I have to confess I didn't really like it much until a few lines in the song reached out and hit me in my moment of doubt and captured my thoughts perfectly;

"Well, I've been afraid of changing 
'Cause I, I built my life around you 
But time makes you bolder..."

So to my friend -  thank you for the reminder :)


No comments:

Post a Comment